1. You can finally put your ponies out naked, with the sun on their backs. And with any luck, they’ll roll and get rid of some of that winter coat, too…
2. Which leads nicely onto #2! Summer coats. They’re on their way!!
3. And you know #3 for sure, because you’ve pretty much fashioned your very own line of DIY horse-hair clothing. Every time you groom your horse, you create yourself your very own horse-hair jumper. (Ok, so maybe this isn’t such a plus point.)
4. The competition season is here! All the schedules are out and you can start planning your summer outings.
5. Spring grass. Dr. Green is at it’s most efficient and that means you can spend less money on hay and feed.
6. Foals! Need I say more?!
7. You can leave the layers at home and ride in just a t-shirt!
8. The evenings are already getting lighter, so there’s more time for riding after school and work and no more only seeing your horse in the dark.
9. Your hacking routes will blossom and everything just looks so much prettier in Spring.
10. Finally, it’ll be warm enough for your horse to get that much needed bath. And with any luck, they can dry off in the sun.
11. The ground will start to dry up, your feet won’t be permanently wet and cold from traipsing through the mud and your swamp-monster will start looking a little more presentable.
12. The weather is the perfect in-between. You can ride and do your yard chores without either dying of heat exhaustion or losing any extremities to frost bite!
I’d love to hear any other reasons you can’t wait for Spring to arrive. Why not leave a comment below?!
If you liked this post, why not check out my social media pages for more…